The meeting will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
You have to register to attend this meeting – email Karen Green to confirm your attendance
AM. Theme 1 - Innovative practitioners in the UK.
- RAS. Flo-Gro Fresh: Fresh Prawns Produced in Lincolnshire. Dr Jonathan Newman, Flo-Gro Fresh.
- Wrasse and lumpfish. Daniel Philips, Ocean Matters.
- European spiny lobster. Larval culture work. David Fletcher, RAS Aquaculture Research Ltd.
- Offshore. Huw Thomas, Offshore Shellfish Ltd.
- UK seaweeds. TBC.
- Algal oils. TBC.
PM. UK aquaculture overview
- Landscape - Who’s who in UK Aquaculture
- Seafish activities
- Devolved Administrations activities
Theme 2 - Consumer perceptions
- Consumer perceptions.
- Fish welfare guidelines. TBC.
- Consumer issues and the role of certification. Remko Oosterveld, GGN Label Aquaculture Commercial Manager, GlobalGAP.
- The Sustainable Seafood Consumption Initiative. Dave Little, University of Stirling.
The future of the group going forward.