The research for State of the Nation was conducted by YouGov in April 2018. A sample of 2,047 UK adults was used, with figures weighted to ensure that the findings are representative of all UK adults aged 18 and over.
This provided robust qualitative and quantitative data, which was analysed to produce findings that show:
- Current UK consumption patterns of seafood
- Consumer perceptions towards fish
- Barriers to eating more seafood
- Awareness of different species
- Perceived health benefits of fish
- Approaches to diet overall
- Potential means of encouraging higher fish consumption.
We want businesses all along the supply chain to benefit from this insight and use the results to help shape their offering to consumers, so we’ve created a summary document that highlights the key messages from the research. It contains all the main facts and figures alongside practical suggestions for how industry can act on some of those findings.
The complete research document is also available for those would like to see the full results of the study.
Printed copies of the summary document and full report are also available – email firstname.lastname@example.org to request printed materials.